In Glassboro, NJ the temperature has plumetted. Scarves, boots and gloves have suddenly appeared on students to fight the cold gusts that sweep across campus.
I’m probably being just a bit over dramatic, but I wholeheartedly despise cold weather.
I DO like hot and hearty meals though. I’ve been in a grilled cheese and soup rut lately because of the cold. How about a look at some dishes I’ll be trying out to warm my soul.
- The tangy-sweet plum-spiced chicken over at Noble Pig looks decadent, but boasts a simple recipe.
- I bed I’d be happy eating this potato, turkey sausage, and mushroom frittata for any meal. Kudos to For The Love of Cooking for always being the blog responsible for the Food Gawker pics that make me swoon.
- Of the many pumpkin-derived desserts I’ll be making, I hope to have these pumpkin spice muffins, originally from Stephanie’s Kitchen, coming out of my oven sometime soon.
- I often find that canned soups are too salty, so I’m eager to give this vegetable soup a try. Another good looker from For The Love of Cooking.
- The bag of potatoes upon my counter are calling out for this one: oven baked potatoes from The Hungry Housewife.